I still don't know if I missed you as a site, but I did miss the people and the art.
I honestly don't know how to start this because I have been away for so long, which I realise is extremely unkind towards the watchers and some the friends I made here. For that, I apologize.
Like I've been lurking around and checking the people I watch and everything, I've just been... silent. And I haven't drawn a lot.
In an attempt to summarise what has happened in my life in the last... 2 years? here are some key points:
1. I moved back to my parents in Greece and stayed there for a little while after I left France.
2. I tried and failed to make it into a master's programme I really wanted in Paris. Made it far, not far enough to get accepted.
3. Hated Greece.
4. I decided to move to Ireland.
5. I applied and got accepted into a masters of International Relations at DCU. (Hello DCU students, if you're reading this
6. I got really into International relations. Like REALLY. Jokes like this one made my laugh: s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/7…
7. *was still very much into international relations*
8. *still obsessed with international relations*
9. Met a lovely Irish man. Moved in with said lovely Irish man.
10. Handed in my thesis, finished my studies.
11. Started working as a translator for a localisation company and one BIG client in the field of MOBA games. I am contractually obliged to withhold said big name, but I will have a drawing up so you can draw your own conclusions. Heh. "Draw your own conclusions".
And that's about it. Aside from numerous little personal crises and a big existential one I am still going (and probably will keep going) through, I have to say the last 2 years have been... weird. Good weird, mostly, but still weird.
The copious amount of studying coupled with the crushing knowledge that my parents were helping me through it so I had to be perfect did little to foster my creativity. I got mad into the academic world and research and I felt like I had received a higher calling. Still do. I miss the university a lot.
Still, the fact that I took a year out of my first degree just to draw and improve while doing little else, and then proceeded to let that year slowly go to waste while not drawing at all, made me feel bad and ashamed. So I withdrew myself from deviantart and tumblr and stopped socialising for a while.
It was a bizarre period. I felt like I didn't recognize myself (not only from the lack of creativity) and sometimes I still do.
And then I thought "Hey, art is supposed to elevate the soul! When done right, it makes you happy, regardless of the result!" (that was my very simplistic approach to it anyway).
So here I am. Trying again. I briefly kept open a secondary account where I had two sketches, but I realised I missed this one too much. It's my little treasure, and it wouldn't be right to leave it before it's ran its course.
I can't promise it'll be as frequent as before, but I will start posting again.
Thank you and sorry and it's good to see you again, honestly.